Applying simple, powerful UI / UX standards for enhancing visitor engagement and usage of your Websites and Mobile Apps.
A Website, Mobile App or any online asset such as your logo, banners etc. not only represents your business on the Web, but could also be potentially served to an unlimited audience. The care and professionalism that should go in building these cannot be over emphasized therefore.
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) are two important components of Web design, App design or any design meant for the consumption of your online visitors. A well-designed online system must take these two in account to be an impactful design.
UI design involves identifying the purpose of any online system and users’ needs it is supposed to address. Based on this understanding a GUI (Graphical User Interface) is created that enables users to fulfill their needs without overwhelming them with the visuals of the UI. In other words, it is about a user-centered web or mobile design that allows users to accomplish their goals most efficiently and simply.
It is important that design components provide a good visual feel to the user and not get in his way of seeking information. At the same there should be enough design elements so the sitedoes not seem too textual.
Naturally such designs would require that designers have a clear grasp on:
- What would users expect of the System, a Website or a Mobile App for example.
- Is the target audience Internet-literate enough or does it already use similar systems?
- Which GUI shall most appeal to the target audience?
- UX on the other hand is how well a browsing experience a website or mobile app provides its users.
- Does the selected flow with features and functionalities aid users’ goals or get in their way.
- Is the information delivered by the website easy on the users or overloads them?
- Are the technical features in the website common and easy to use for the users or do they have to spend time figuring these out?
A lot many considerations are common between UI and UX, a clear distinction being that UX considerations are calculated post UI perception. UX quantifies how users perceive essential aspects of a system such as its ease of use, utility to them and efficiency.
Web and App designers at OWT are very conscious of their designs when it comes to UI / UX. All relevant considerations are sorted out during the SRS creation stage and the subsequent Wireframe creation stage after active participation and exchange with the client in both.
The result is a website that users visit frequently to enjoy a fulfilling browsing experience or a mobile app that they would launch often to use or just tap on to look for updates.
Our designers apply the above UI / UX design principles equally well to even small design jobs like logo design or designing banners.
Latest Frameworks, Technologies & Trends
- Twitter Bootstrap
- HTML5 Boilerplate
- jQuery Mobile
- Svg and XMl
- Retina Ready Images
- Web fonts
- Parallax Designs
- HTMl5 Canvas
- SVG Images & Icon
- Fluid Grid Layouts
- Flat UI
- Html5 Video
- 3D Transition Effects
- CSS3 Animated Keyframes
- Adaptive Images
- Fixed navigations
- Quality pictures & videos
- One-page websites
- “Branded” Typography