Outsourcing really isn’t the Devil it’s made out to be
Indian Web companies have been very unabashed about sending out unsolicited emails to any email address they can grab. While spams offering to cater to ‘below the stomach issues’ dominate most of the junk email domain, Web companies have lagged behind only a trifle.
When I say Web companies, I mean Indian, Russian and Chinese Web companies.
Indian Web companies in particular, share a love and hate relationship with Web companies that are established in the developed countries like US, UK, Australia, Canada and so on. We, being an Indian Web company, have come across an overwhelming number of Web companies abroad that keep Indian Web development companies at an arm’s length. And not without reasons, examples of which would be:
– Having had a VERY bitter experience with an Indian Web company in the terms that communication happened in comical English and the product delivered was a far cry from what was promised, not to mention scooting away with the retainer.
– The Web company abroad simply wants to keep all their business in-house and never wanted to outsource in the first place but was bombarded each day with pleading emails shouting the benefits of outsourcing down their throats.
I seek to bring home to my readers that outsourcing is just another form of innocent trade and isn’t as threatening or controversial as it’s made out to be by some entrepreneurs.
A company’s apprehensive attitude towards outsourcing stems from an understandable apprehension of dependingon a foreign entity for its production and delivery. This is a VERY misplaced concern in the modern scenario, which is highly charged with communication and connectivity. I’d say it’s definitely poor business sense if not narrow mindedness.
The benefits of outsourcing are far too many to be given up in favour of an irrelevant fear. Instead of giving up outsourcing altogether a company can very easily safeguard and ensure both its production and delivery by retaining a portfolio of two or maybe three reputed and well established Web vendors abroad. So in case one of those seizes to provide services due to any reason, one can fall back on the other two. And there is no dearth of vendor Web companies, which do good work and are reliable.
– Outsourcing is innocent trade between two countries which is as old as the ‘oldest profession’
– Outsourcing / trade will happen whether individuals or leaders like it or not. Either cannot reverse it.
– Either you broaden your horizons to embrace outsourcing or let opportunities go by you.
– When individuals are brought together they have no option but to talk and interact and they would do so in any way they deem appropriate. Similarly when countries are brought together, peoples of these countries would interact in anyway they deem appropriate and trade / outsourcing is just one aspect of it.